By Celebrity Detective Steve
Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova was born April 19, 1987 in Nyagan, Russia. In 2004, and at only 17 years-of-age, Sharapova defeated Serena Williams to win the prestigious Wimbledon tournament. For the last several years, Sharapova has honed her skills at the legendary Bollettieri tennis academy in Bradenton, Florida.
Already a multi-millionaire before her 20th birthday, Sharapova decided to use $2.6 million of her tennis winnings for a home on southwest Florida's affluent Longboat Key. Sharapova's two-story mediterranean-style home offers four bedrooms, fireplace, swimming pool, and a boat dock.
The first picture is from 2019 and is the most recent picture available.
Click Here for larger picture.
Maria Sharapova's Longboat Key, Florida home
Location: Longboat Key
Purchased May 2005 for $2,690,000
Longboat Key is a barrier island located on the Gulf of Mexico near Bradenton.
As for current real estate happenings, in June Maria gave us a tour of her Los Angeles Home!
The home next to Maria Sharapova's on Longboat Key is for sale with an asking price of $1,639,900. The price of the home was reduced from $1,699,900 to its current price on March. The home was built in 1986 and has 3,404 square-feet.
Sharapova won the 2017 Tianjin Open where she defeted Aryna Sabalenka for the title.
Maria's boyfriend is entrepreneur Alexander Gilkes, the president and co-founder of online fine art auction service Paddle8, Gilkes was born in London, England but now resides in the Manhattan borrough of New York City.
WOW check out former world number one tennis player Jelena Jankovic's mansion in San Diego, CA.
See the amazing homes of Venus and Serena Williams in Palm Beach, Florida.
More: Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri - Santa Rosa, California Click Here
- Rap Superstar Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan Click Here
- Legendary R&B Singer Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut Click Here
- Youtube Star Stephen Sharer - Oakton, Virginia Click Here
- New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees - New orleans, Louisiana Click Here
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida Click Here
- WWE Superstar and Actor John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida Click Here
- Horror Fiction Novelist Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida Click Here
- American Idol Star Arthur Gunn - Wichita, Kansas Click Here
- Joe Rogan - Bell Canyon, California Click Here
I know that I can eat anything I want and still lose or maintain my weight. It's about portions and balance.Here you will find links to exclusive Celebrity Detective articles about fitness and food.
- Celebrity Chefs Share Tuna Salad Recipes
- Celebrities Who Eat Grilled Salmon
- Nutrition Break Down of Arnold's Egg Protein Shake
- Fitness Inspiration: High Detail Picture Slideshow of the Always Lean and Fit Emma Chamberlain