By Celebrity Detective Steve
Here are some great tuna salad recipes that celebrity chefs and famous cooking experts are sharing. Learn from Ina Garten, Rachael Ray, Jaime Oliver, Emeril Lagasse, Martha Stewart, and Bobby Flay. Who makes it best? Listed are the ingredients these experts use for each dish, and many how-to videos so you can decide which one is best suited for your tastes.
Ina Garten's Tuna Salad Recipe IngredientsThis tuna salad meal idea by famous cooking television show host and author Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) is available from Food Network here.
- 2 pounds of very fresh tuna steak that are cut one-inch thick.
- 1 to 2 ripe Hass avocados that are medium diced.
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, using the white and green parts.
- 1/4 cup of red onion that is small diced.
- 10 dashes of hot sauce (Ina recommendeds using Tabasco).
- 4 tablespoons olive oil and more for brushing.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt and more for sprinkling.
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black and more for sprinkling.
- 2 limes zest grated.
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice.
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi powder.
On Food Network's YouTube channel, Ina Garten makes another type of tuna salad for hummus sandwiches, where she specifically uses Italian tuna in olive oil. You can learn exactly how she makes this healthy style of tuna salad below:
Rachael Ray's Lemon Tuna Salad Recipe IngredientsOn her recipe website, Rachael Ray shares a tuna salad dish she calls Lemon Tuna Salad. When you see the list of ingredients she uses, you quickly see why she has the word "lemon" placed in the title.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1/3 cup of lemon mayo.
- 1 can of sustainable tuna that has been drained.
- 2 large organic egg yolks.
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard.
- 1 cup of grapeseed oil.
- 2 small ribs celery from heart with leafy tops that are finely chopped.
- 1 large shallot that is finely chopped.
- 3 tablespoons of tarragon (chopped).
- Black pepper.
- Toasted baguette.
- Bibb lettuce.
- Shaved radishes.
- Chopped cornichons.
Jaime Oliver's Tuna Salad Recipe IngredientsThis is a tuna salad meal concept found on celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's recipe website that he calls Hot Tuna Salad. Jamie uses tuna steaks instead of canned tuna and creates a basil dressing for the meal using yoghurt.
- 2 sustainable tuna steaks.
- 1 large bunch fresh basil with the leaves picked, and the baby leaves kept to one side.
- 2 tablespoons of fat-free natural yoghurt.
- 1 bunch of apsaragus- trimmed, or use a handful of green beans.
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes that have been quartered.
- 1 lemon.
- 1 handful black olives with stones removed.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Sea salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
If you want to know exactly how to properly cook tuna steaks by themselves, Jamie Oliver show us how in this video:
Emeril Lagasse's Tuna Salad Recipe IngredientsThe legendary celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse makes a tuna salad meal he refers to as Simply Sensational Tuna Salad found on his official recipe website.
- 2 (6-ounce) cans water-packed chunk white tuna.
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons of Emeril's own Quick-and-Creamy Herb Dressing (click here for ingredients), or store-bought ranch dressing.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion.
- 1 teaspoon of Emeril's own Baby Bam seasoning (click here for ingredients).
Martha Stewart's Tuna Salad Recipe IngredientsThis is Martha Stewart's version of Tuna Salad Nicoise. Nicoise-style salad is a unique salad arrangement that originated in the French city of Nice.
- 2 6-ounce cans of tuna in olive oil that has been drained.
- 1 1/2 pounds small red new potatoes that have been quartered.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 bunches arugula (4 to 6 ounces each bunch) with the ends trimmed, then washed and dried.
- 1/4 cup of lemon vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata olives.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper.
Below is an instructional video for Tuna Salad Nicoise from Everyday Food that is very similar Martha Stewart's:
Bobby Flay's Grilled Tuscan Tuna Salad IngredientsRestaurateur and Food Network celebrity chef Bobby Flay has a popular tuna salad called Grilled Tuscan Tuna Salad. This will require more ingredients than the other tuna salads listed here. Complete instructions for this recipe are found at the Food Network website (linked here).
There are three parts to making this tuna salad: 1) Making the grilled tuna. 2) Making the salad. 3) Making the salad dressing.
- One 1 1/2 lb. fresh tuna steak.
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Canola oil used for brushing.
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans.
- 1 cup Gaeta olives, pitted.
- 1/2 bulb fresh fennel, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced.
- 4 ounces mixed baby greens.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh-flat leaf parsley.
- Loaf of Tuscan bread, grilled and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons for serving.
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- 2 anchovy fillets that are patted dry and finely chopped.
- 1 clove of garlic and smash it to a paste.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. 1/2 cup extra virgin Tuscan olive oil.
- Honey (optional).
1) The Grilled Tuna
2) The Salad
3) The Salad Dressing
There you have it! I truly hope this is all of the information you need to help you decide which celebrity chef tuna salad meal(s) best fits your tastes.
Please feel free to share this valuable article.
Celebrity Chef Recipe Videos - Watch more videos of the best celebrity chefs making delicious food! Click Here.