Published By Celebrity Detective Steve
Rapper and R&B singer Akon was born on Monday, April 16, 1973 in Dakar, Senegal. Akon gained fame in 2005 with the hit singles "Locked Up" and "Lonely". Akon's first two albums Trouble and Konvicted combined have sold approximately 6 million copies worldwide. In December 2008, Akon released his third album Freedom.
In January of 2008, Akon purchased a home in Alpharetta, Georgia for $1,650,000. Built in 1990 and set on 4.6 acres, Akon's home located in the Atlanta National Country Club has six bedrooms, eight full bathrooms and two half bathrooms, swimming pool with a spa, and 8,697 square feet.
Akon's home in Alpharetta, GA.
The home also includes a six-car garage, bar & game room, seven fireplaces with one located in the breakfast area and another in the master bedroom, two stair cases, and an elevator.
The Atlanta National Country Club boasts an 18-hole course sprawling across 240 acres. The course was built by father and son, Pete and P.B. Dye.
Most Popular Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Bill Burr - Los Angeles, California
- Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut
- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Brentwood, California
- Udonis Haslem - Southwest Ranches, Florida
- Anita Baker - Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Stephen Sharer - Oakton, Virginia
- Drew Brees - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida
- Barry Gibb - Miami Beach, Florida
- John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida
- Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida
- Larry Bird - Naples, Florida
- Gladys Knight - Fairview, North Carolina
- Carrot Top - Las Vegas, Nevada and Winter Park, Florida
- Dave Bautista - Tampa, Florida
See our complete list of celebrity homes here.