Published By Celebrity Detective Steve
Movie star Johnny Depp was born in Owensboro, Kentucky. The Depps moved to Miramar, Florida in 1970 and would eventually settle in to a three bedroom, two bathroom, 1,655 square foot home there in 1977, just prior to Johnny's 14th birthday. Johnny Depp's parents, John Depp Sr. and Betty Sue, paid $45,500 for the home and sold it in April of 1981 for $78,000.
Johnny Depp's childhood home at 2809 East Lexington Drive Miramar, Florida.
John Depp Sr. and Betty Sue were married in Jellico, Tennessee in 1960. The couple separated after roughly 20 years of marriage and would finalize their divorce in June of 1981. John Depp Sr. worked as the city engineer in Frankfort, Kentucky and in Hallandale, Florida. Betty Sue worked as a waitress. Johnny Depp once summarized his relationship with his mother, saying: "She's the greatest lady in the world, best friend, coolest thing."
Most Popular Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Bill Burr - Los Angeles, California
- Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut
- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Brentwood, California
- Udonis Haslem - Southwest Ranches, Florida
- Anita Baker - Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Stephen Sharer - Oakton, Virginia
- Drew Brees - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida
- Barry Gibb - Miami Beach, Florida
- John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida
- Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida
- Larry Bird - Naples, Florida
- Gladys Knight - Fairview, North Carolina
- Carrot Top - Las Vegas, Nevada and Winter Park, Florida
- Dave Bautista - Tampa, Florida
See our complete list of celebrity homes here.