By Celebrity Detective Steve
Update: TMZ is reporting that Dr. Dre has purchased a new home in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. Click here for pictures and complete information.
Rapper/producer Andre Young better known as Dr. Dre, was born on Thursday, February 18, 1965. Dr. Dre grew up in the Los Angeles area and was one of the pioneers of gangsta rap. Dr. Dre spent his early years with the group N.W.A. before joining Death Row Records. Dr. Dre released his debut solo album The Chronic in 1992. The Chronic spawned the hit song "Nuthin' but a "G" Thang" which also featured Snoop Dogg.
In mid 2000, Dr. Dre purchased a home in the Woodland Hills district of Los Angeles. Built in 1987 on just over a half acre, Dr. Dre's home has eight bedrooms, six bathrooms, four-car garage, swimming pool, and 13,748 square feet. The home had an approximate value of $3 million in late 2008.
Dr. Dre's home in Woodland Hills, California.
Woodland Hills is located 20 miles WNW of downtown Los Angeles and has a population of roughly 17,000.
Dr. Dre has also enjoyed great success as a producer and the owner of his own record label, Aftermath Records. Dr. Dre signed Eminem to the label in 1998 after evaluating Eminem's potential at the request of Interscope Records chairman Jimmy Iovine.
If you want some great tips on how to collect celebrity contact information check out my new celebrity addresses page: Click Here.
More: Most Popular Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Logan Paul and Jake Paul - Before the Fame & Fortune
- Rap Superstar Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Legendary R&B Singer Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut
- YouTube Star Stephen Sharer Oakton, Virginia
- Retired New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida
- WWE Superstar and Actor John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida
- Horror Fiction Novelist Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida
- Gladys Knight - Fairview, North Carolina
- Dave Bautista- Tampa, Florida
Here you will find links to exclusive Celebrity Detective articles about fitness and food.
- Celebrity Chefs Share Tuna Salad Recipes
- Celebrities Who Eat Grilled Salmon
- Nutrition Break Down of Arnold's Egg Protein Shake
- Fitness Inspiration: High Detail Picture Slideshow of the Always Lean and Fit Emma Chamberlain