By Celebrity Detective Steve
Cooking stars Tyler Florence and Ina Garten both make a somewhat similar Shrimp Scampi dish but which one of them makes it best? Here these meal masters are making a version of Shrimp Scampi that uses linguine. Let's compare the full list of ingredients they use in this virtual cook-off.
First we will have a look at the ingredients for Tyler Florence's version of Shrimp Scampi made with linguine.
- 1) 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2) 1 pound linguine
- 3) 4 tablespoons butter
- 4) 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil- plus more for drizzling
- 5) 2 shallots finely diced
- 6) 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 7) Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8) Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 9) 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 10) Juice of 1 lemon
- 11) 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
Now we'll have a look at the ingredients for Ina Garten's version of Shrimp Scampi made with linguine.
- 1) Two pounds large shrimp (approx. 32 shrimp that are peeled and deveined)
- 2) 1 & 1/2 pounds of linguine
- 3) Vegetable oil
- 4) Kosher salt
- 5) 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 6) 5 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 7) 3 tablespoons of minced garlic, which equals 9 cloves
- 8) 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 9) 3/4 cup chopped of fresh parsley
- 10) Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 11) 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 12) 1/2 lemon that is thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 13) 1/4 teaspoon of hot red pepper flakes
Notes: As far as number of ingredients used per recipe, we see that Ina Garten uses a total of 13 and Tyler Florence uses 11. When you look at just the amount of shrimp and linguine used, we see that Ina Garten's Shrimp Scampi will deliver more servings. From there you see that they use many of the same igredients but one distinct difference is that Tyler Florence adds white wine and shallots, where Ina's recipe calls for parsley and vegetable oil but Tyler's does not.
How's this for a bonus? Videos: Watch Tyler Florence make his Shrimp Scampi with linguine, then watch Ina Garten make hers!
Ina Garten's Shrimp Scampi with Linguine. It's worth noting that Ina adds salt and uses lesser amounts of everything else in this video, compared to her official written list of recipe ingredients above.
Please feel free to share this valuable article.
Healthy Celebrity Teeth - See hundreds of celebrity teeth pictures like the one below of actress Margot Robbie: Click Here.
Celebrity Eye Beauty - Below is an up-close picture of Kim Kardashian's eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows. See many more up-close pictures of celebrity eyes likes this: Click Here.