Jamie Oliver vs Paula Deen The Best Meatless Chili
Published By Celebrity Detective Steve
Celebrity cooking show stars chef Jamie Oliver and Paula Deen both make Meatless Chili but who makes it better? Here we compare the full list of ingredients they use in this virtual cook-off to help you determine which is best for you.
First we will have a look at the ingredients for Jamie Oliver's version of Meatless Chili he often calls "versatile veggie chilli."
- 1) 500 g of sweet potatoes
- 2) Two cans of kidney beans (or chickpea/garbonzo, pinto, cannellini)
- 3) Two cans of quality plum tomatoes
- 4) 1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper and some for sprinkling
- 5) 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin and some for sprinkling
- 6) 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon and some for sprinkling
- 7) Olive oil
- 8) 1 onion
- 9) 2 mixed-color peppers
- 10) 2 cloves of garlic
- 11) 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 12) 2 fresh mixed-color chillies
- 13) Lime or lemon juice or vinegar (to taste).
Now a look at the ingredients for Paula Deen's Meatless Chili she calls "speedy veggie chili."
- 1) 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 2) 1 can of red beans (drained)
- 3) 1 large butternut squash
- 4) A 12 ounce bag of frozen onions and peppers
- 5) Two 15 ounce cans of Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 6) 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 7) 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 8) 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 9) 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 10) Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Notes: Which recipe is best for you? Comparing the two lists of ingredients for meatless chili, possibly the biggest difference is that Jamie Oliver uses sweet potatoes where Paula Deen uses butternut squash. In terms of speed, Paula Deen's chili is aptly named. You could expect to complete her meal in approximately 20 minutes, and a little over 30 minutes for Jamie Oliver's.
Bonus: Watch chef Jamie Oliver make his style of meatless chili in the video below but keep in mind that he does make some slight changes to his official written recipe above.Jamie Oliver's Meatless Chili - Step-by-Step
Please feel free to share this valuable article.
See More: Thousands of Celebrity Teeth and Smile Pictures.
See More: Celebrity Meal Plans