By Celebrity Detective Steve
Multiple Grammy Award winning superstar Gloria Estefan and husband Emilio Estefan purchased this home on Miami Beach's Star Island in 1986. The couple paid $600,000 for the home which currently has an assessed value of over $25 million. Built in 1959, the 15,563 square-foot Biscayne Bay waterfront mansion has six bedrooms, eleven bathrooms, on just under two acres of land.
See more images of the home here:
Gloria Estefan was born in Havana, Cuba. Her family fled to Miami, Florida when she was a child, as a result of the Cuban Revolution.
Gloria and Emilio started a relationship in the 1970s while they were members of the Miami Sound Machine band. Emilio, then the band's leader, is now a television show producer and director.
Gloria's singing talents and charisma quickly made her the center focus of the Miami Sound Machine and by 1989 she had exclusively become a solo recording artist. She has won several Grammy Awards and Billboard Awards and her hits have topped the American and British charts. Some of her greatest hits are "Conga","Words Get in the Way," "Can't Stay Away from You," "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You," "Anything for You," "Here We Are", "Don't Wanna Lose You," and "Get on Your Feet."
Triumph Over TragedyGloria was once involved in a serious car accident and had to undergo surgery to implant titanium rods in her vertebral column. Despite the major set back she did reurn to performing.
More: Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri - Santa Rosa, California Click Here
- Rap Superstar Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan Click Here
- Legendary R&B Singer Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut Click Here
- Youtube Star Stephen Sharer - Oakton, Virginia Click Here
- New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees - New orleans, Louisiana Click Here
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida Click Here
- Tennis Greats Venus & Serena Williams - Jupiter, Florida and Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Click Here
- WWE Superstar and Actor John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida Click Here
- Horror Fiction Novelist Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida Click Here
- Joe Rogan - Austin, Texas and Bell Canyon, California Click Here
I know that I can eat anything I want and still lose or maintain my weight. It's about portions and balance.Here you will find links to exclusive Celebrity Detective articles about fitness and food.
- Celebrity Chefs Share Tuna Salad Recipes
- Celebrities Who Eat Grilled Salmon
- Nutrition Break Down of Arnold's Egg Protein Shake
- Fitness Inspiration: High Detail Picture Slideshow of the Always Lean and Fit Emma Chamberlain