By Celebrity Detective Steve
Rapper/producer Andre Young better known as Dr. Dre, was born on Thursday, February 18, 1965. Dr. Dre grew up in the Los Angeles area and was one of the pioneers of gangsta rap. Dr. Dre spent his early years with the group N.W.A. before joining Death Row Records. Dr. Dre released his debut solo album The Chronic in 1992. The Chronic spawned the hit song "Nuthin' but a "G" Thang" which also featured Snoop Dogg.
In mid 2000, Dr. Dre purchased a home in the Woodland Hills district of Los Angeles. Built in 1987 on just over a half acre, Dr. Dre's home has eight bedrooms, six bathrooms, four-car garage, swimming pool, and 13,748 square feet. The home had an approximate value of $3 million in late 2008.
Dr. Dre's home in Woodland Hills, California.
Woodland Hills is located 20 miles WNW of downtown Los Angeles and has a population of roughly 17,000.
Dr. Dre has also enjoyed great success as a producer and the owner of his own record label, Aftermath Records. Dr. Dre signed Eminem to the label in 1998 after evaluating Eminem's potential at the request of Interscope Records chairman Jimmy Iovine.
More: Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri - Santa Rosa, California Click Here
- Rap Superstar Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan Click Here
- Legendary R&B Singer Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut Click Here
- Youtube Star Stephen Sharer - Oakton, Virginia Click Here
- New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees - New orleans, Louisiana Click Here
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida Click Here
- WWE Superstar and Actor John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida Click Here
- Horror Fiction Novelist Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida Click Here
- American Idol Star Arthur Gunn - Wichita, Kansas Click Here
- Joe Rogan - Bell Canyon, California Click Here
I know that I can eat anything I want and still lose or maintain my weight. It's about portions and balance.Here you will find links to exclusive Celebrity Detective articles about fitness and food.
- Celebrity Chefs Share Tuna Salad Recipes
- Celebrities Who Eat Grilled Salmon
- Nutrition Break Down of Arnold's Egg Protein Shake
- Fitness Inspiration: High Detail Picture Slideshow of the Always Lean and Fit Emma Chamberlain